GOOD DAY CAIMANS
As we all know, high school sports continue to experience significant changes affecting our Fall and Winter Seasons. As it stands today, CIF is yet to amend its decision to combine all three seasons of sport into two (Fall/Winter & Spring). As of today, CIF Football remains scheduled to begin December 14th.
1. Statewide, CIF is scheduled to meet tomorrow (December 2) to either confirm this ruling or to make necessary adjustments in their plan to implement safe return to sport.
2. Meanwhile, closer to home, we are currently monitoring a few possible cases within our coaching staff that directly affect our ability to continue optional practices on the field this week.
3. Lastly, our home gym for midday workouts, CrossFit Iconic, is also in the midst of addressing their own challenges in maintaining current operations.
CONSIDERING ALL THINGS
With the support and guidance of both our Athletic Department and High School Administrators, we have made the decision to place all football operations on hold for the current week of November 30 - December 4.
THE FOLLOWING EVENTS WILL BE CANCELLED/POSTPONED
- Weight Room @CrossFit Iconic (Dec 1 - Dec 4)
- Field Practice @Hidden Valley (Dec 1 - Dec 4)
- Friday's Gear Handout @CAHS (will be rescheduled)
Though these changes are unavoidable, we do apologize for the
"unwelcome" news of their implementation and the disappointment it may bring to you and your family. Rest assured ... We will be back.
Remains constant: The "Person" is more important than the "Athlete"
As such, we will all strive to be, first safe and respectful of others, then steadfast and resilient in our hopes and continued preparation, for the inevitable return to play we all eagerly await.
persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success
THIS IS OUR AIM
For, to my knowledge, perseverance itself is the only zero-risk investment to pay eternal ROI, wherever it is applied.
THANK YOU ALL
For your continued patience and understanding during these unprecedented times. Expect a follow-up report with any official changes prior to this week's end.
My Best to You & Your Family,
(Speech by Mattew McConaughey)